HAS/HAVE + PAST PARTICIPLE:
has/have gone, has/have traveled, has/have flown dan lain-lain.
Present Perfect digunakan untuk menyatakan bahwa tindakan, perbuatan, pekerjaan atau kejadian telah terjadi dan mempunyai akibat pada saat berbicara. Misalnya lelah dan sebagainya. Dalam Present Perfect tidak dipentingkan waktu yang spesifik. Namun yang ditekankan adalah tindakan tersebut TELAH atau BELUM terjadi.
Keterangan waktu yang digunakan adalah:
ever, never, once, many times, just, several times, before, so far, already, yet, for .....years/month/weeks/days, since ...
- I have just finished my work.
- She has already prepared all she needs.
- John has done that many times.
- Have you been here before?
- Have you ever been to Bali?
- He has once played basket ball.
- She has been lonely since her children moved to another house.
- I have studied English for 6 years.
Kadang-kadang keterangan waktu tidak digunakan.
- I have just run. (You see I am now tired and sweaty)
- She has bought a car. (Now she has a car)
- Susan has cried. (We can still see her eyes filled with tear)
- My friend has had an accident. (He is now still being hospitalized)
- Lutfi has gone to Surabaya. (He is now in Surabaya)
I have......... is shortened to I've......... She has.....= She's........We have = We've.
I have just finished. = I've just finished.
She has prepared everything. = She's prepared everything.
They have gone to Singapore. = They've gone to Singapore.
Lutfi has bought a lot of apples. = Lutfi's bought.............
Kadang-kadang Present Perfect Tense mempunyai dampak akibat tindakan atau pekerjaan yang dilakukan.
- John's hands are dirty. He has just fixed his car. (Akibat nya adalah tangan John kotor)
- Fitri: Hi, you look clean. Lutfi: Well, I've just taken a bath.
- What have you done, son? You look awful!
- I haven't practised my English for years. It's difficult for me to speak now.
Lihat PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE